Thursday, January 3, 2013

TGF onion and sage stuffing!

Stuffing was a challenge as I can't eat any gluten-containing flour (yes, that includes rice flour) and I can't eat nuts (so no almond flour for example)...so I needed linseed flour - and I can't get it here! Argh! But luckily, I had a little ground linseed left - so I made a little 'bread' bun, following this foccacia recipe (roughly!)

2 cups ground flaxseeds
1 tsp baking powder OR 2-3 egg whites
4 eggs
½ cup water
1/3 cup olive oil
Salt

...but I used 1/2 cup ground linseed, a little bicarb and only a little bit of one egg... a little oil and water, a dash of vinegar and of course, sea salt.



The next day (Christmas day!), I broke the bun up into breadcrumbs and mixed it with fried onions, a tablespoon of sage, salt and pepper, some olive oil and a little beaten egg (woodland).

I cooked it in the oven, in a little round shallow cake tin for about 15 minutes or so. I cooked it ahead of time and kept it warm with foil on top, then stuck it back in the oven to warm a bit whilst serving up the rest of the meal. A great success! Perfectly moist and very tasty indeed! And not greasy, woo!



No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment/ add your own suggestions or even recipes (with links if you like - let's network darlings! ;D )