Thursday, January 3, 2013

"Chocolate"

So I shouldn't be eating chocolate - it is in the lectin (Bean) family... But I am not off lectins totally yet so I thought I would have a last love affair with the stuff for New Year! Oh dear... this is NOT a New Years Resolution is it?! Whoops, got it all wrong again!!
Luckily, it is not easy for me to get a supply of chocolate that is raw and pure where I live- so it is easier to never eat it! But I got some raw cocoa the other day and when I had a flash idea yesterday, I couldn't resist!

I have long been out of lin seed (flax) as our local supplier ran out!! But we have some in again (yay!) just in time for my Christmas present from my mother-in-law!
She bought me this coffee grinder http://www.amazon.co.uk/Martin-Wahl-ZX595-Grinder-Stainless/dp/B000HEZ98C/ref=cm_cr-mr-title recommended to me by Micki Rose on her Truly Gluten Free blog.

It is amazingly good for grinding seeds! Not only have I ground Lin Seed, but also Pumpkin Seeds! I thought they were perhaps too oily and not dried... but they ground nicely

1/4 cup Linseed flour (ground flax)
1/2 cup Ground pumpkin seeds
2 to 3 tblspn Cocoa
Chopped raisins (organic, oil free)
Agave syrup or honey (or whatever your preference)
pinch of sea salt
A sprinkling of ground vanilla pods
Water

Chop the raisins up as finely as you can by hand - or however you would normally chop sticky little fellas like them - and put all the ingredients in a bowl together. Mix up then add water bit by bit until you reach the desired consistency...
You might want to make individual chocolate 'balls' (and maybe coat in cocoa powder before serving) or fill a container and put in the fridge to be cut up or scooped out as needed (perhaps as part of another desert - pear-based would be delicious with this!) or add a little more water to have an instant sloppy gloopy chocolaty dessert! It's up to you! Bear in mind that the longer it stands, the more the ground seeds absorb the water so you may have to 'refresh' with a little water before use/ serving, depending on how you have decided to use it.

I came up with this because all the raw 'chocolate' recipes I have found in the past, used nuts, almond flour etc. but of course, you can experiment and add any ingredients your diet allows. Nuts, dried fruits, fresh fruits etc. EXPERIMENT and ENJOY!

Next time I do this, I'll take a picture before devouring it and post it here - Promise! ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to comment/ add your own suggestions or even recipes (with links if you like - let's network darlings! ;D )